Thread: How many fry do guppies have at a time?

Question How many fry do guppies have at a time?

I've had guppies for 7 years but I never new how many thy have at a time because my adults eat them so fast!
    Last edited by Shanna; February 2nd-2008 at 08:30 AM.

Unhappy

from 20-150/200

i have the same problem :P poor babies
    Newbie Breeder

(Genereation Letter [A-Z])-(Scientific ident #)-(Name)-(Gender [M,F,U])(Dominant,Submissive,Neutral,Unknown[D,S,N,U])

A-001-Vox-M-S
    A-005-Blacky-F-N (gravid as of 1/23/08)
    A-006-Pearl-F-N (gravid as of 1/30/08)

A2-011-Apollo-M-U
    A2-012-Butters-M-U

B-007-(No-Name)-U-U
    B-008-(No-Name)-U-U
    B-009-(No-Name)-U-U

Big Everquest and WoW fan, Crushbone and Dragonblight server!

Blog Entries
    Depends on alot of things,normal,first time having fry 2-30,after that 40-60,but as said can have a lot more.Most one of my females had was 147.
    Did you do your water change today
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Don`t help others because others have helped you,help others because its the right thing to do!!!

madmike140$gmail dot com

Vice President Bostonguppyclub: MADMIKE

147!!! Well my guppies have been eating well! LOL I've only been able to keep 4 or 5 alive per batch!

theree are birthing cages available. you put mama in the cag and the babies fall below a fence or somthing so she cant eat them.
    Newbie Breeder

(Genereation Letter [A-Z])-(Scientific ident #)-(Name)-(Gender [M,F,U])(Dominant,Submissive,Neutral,Unknown[D,S,N,U])

A-001-Vox-M-S
    A-005-Blacky-F-N (gravid as of 1/23/08)
    A-006-Pearl-F-N (gravid as of 1/30/08)

A2-011-Apollo-M-U
    A2-012-Butters-M-U

B-007-(No-Name)-U-U
    B-008-(No-Name)-U-U
    B-009-(No-Name)-U-U

Big Everquest and WoW fan, Crushbone and Dragonblight server!

Do you know where I could find one??? I've looked.

Blog Entries
    I don't like the breeding cages - the females seem to get too stressed in them. I think it's better to catch the fry you find at the top of the tank and put them in a breeding net, or another container if you don't have a fry tank. Or put lots more plants in your tank for the fry to hide in. I have lots of plants and only remove the male fry when I can sex them and they go in the community tank where there are no females guppies.

Blog Entries
    A 2.5-5 gal drop tank works great for me.Load it up with java moss and water sprite.
    Did you do your water change today
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Don`t help others because others have helped you,help others because its the right thing to do!!!

madmike140$gmail dot com

Vice President Bostonguppyclub: MADMIKE

I've been heard that live plats make a mess in a aquarium, so I've always used plastic plats. So do they make a mess???